COVID-19 Information For Employees
Last Updated: 08/2/21 at 2:37 PM
HOME UNIT PROTOCOLS
HOME UNIT PROTOCOLS
Recent Updates and Resources
The updates to the left are blog posts with our responses to the most current information available at the time. To avoid contradictory information, only the three most recent updates are posted, though the entire thread can be found here.
Below are the guidelines for staff working within a home unit:
YOU ONLY WORK IN ONE HOME
All direct support employees are assigned to work in only one home. Fully vaccinated employees may work in alternative locations as assigned by management only
COMPLETE THE HEALTH MONITORING CHECK-IN PROCEDURE BEFORE REPORTING TO WORK
WASH HANDS THOROUGHLY AND OFTEN
COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES, STORES, RESTAURANTS, ETC
Fully vaccinated employees are the first choice to accompany fully vaccinated residents (who can adhere to all mask protocols) on chosen community activities
DINING, RESTAURANTS, DELIVERIES, & TAKEOUT
Fully vaccinated residents who can adhere to all mask protocols may choose to dine out at any local restaurant.
Fully vaccinated employees may dine with residents in the home during family-style meals or while out in the community. Unvaccinated employees may not dine with residents or other staff.
“Take Out” includes any fast food or drive-thru. Employees may take unvaccinated residents and students to pick up take-out orders ONLY with Manager approval.
USE SPRINGBROOK'S OUTDOOR SPACES
With prior approval, Home Units may visit city or village parks. Community Homes may take community walks along approved routes. For unvaccinated residents – You can take a drive, but everyone must stay in the vehicle at all times (staff and residents), all must wear masks, and the vehicle must remain at 50% capacity. If you would like to enjoy some time outside, we continue to recommend scheduling a time to use Springbrook’s Oneonta Campus or Main Campus outdoor areas for safe outdoor time.
The Main Campus playground may only be used by one residence at a time and is reserved for Community Homes use on Sundays from 3 pm to 6 pm. Please bring disinfecting wipes when visiting the playground, as equipment must be disinfected before and after use by each house. Home unit employees have received instructions on reserving this space
CLEAN AND DISINFECT THE HOUSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY
UNVACCINATED STAFF EAT ALONE IN A PRIVATE ROOM
Communal (“family-style”) meals between unvaccinated staff and residents in a shared space in the home should not take place. For your scheduled meal times, find a private room in the home that is not used by residents. Do not eat in shared spaces, like dining/living/sitting rooms (even if no one else is in the room with you).
Vaccinated staff may enjoy communal meals with other vaccinated staff and residents
UNVACCINATED STAFF TAKE BREAKS ALONE
Vaccinated staff may enjoy meal and break times with other vaccinated staff
Unnecessary travel at this time is irresponsible and increases the possibility of exposure to the employee, other staff members, and our residents.
- All employees should follow all travel guidelines and warnings put forth by the CDC. There should be no international travel
- Employees should only commute between their home and work location, or to access essential services within their home communities
- Employees should avoid all unnecessary travel within our region, the state, or the US
- Noted hotspots change daily and are found throughout the state and country. Staying as close to home as possible is the best way to avoid hotspots
Required Travel Reporting
Required Travel Reporting
Springbrook employees are now ONLY required to report travel in the following circumstance:
- You were in any state that DOES NOT border New York State for more than 24 hours.
- To comply with all state mandates, Springbrook requires that employees report ANY travel to non-contiguous states (planned or emergency).
- You are also required, as per Governor Cuomo’s Travel Advisory, to report your travel to New York State using this form: New York State – Traveler Health Form.
Springbrook employees do not need to report travel within the state of New York, or to states that border New York State (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont).
To help with this process we have updated the Staff Travel Report Form.
For Planned Travel: Notify your supervisor at least two weeks in advance.
- If you are traveling to a non-contiguous state for more than 24 hours, employees must report any travel, even if the travel does not require the use of PTO (for example, a weekend trip). This is a COVID-19-specific addition to Springbrook’s regular PTO policy.
Reporting Procedure Update:
Reminder: Per Springbrook’s existing PTO policy, you must notify your supervisor at least two weeks in advance of using PTO, regardless of plans to travel.
If you travel to a state that DOES NOT border NYS for more than 24 hrs:
- Report your travel to New York State: NYS – Traveler Health Form.
- Report your travel to Springbrook using the Staff Travel Report Form prior to returning to work.
If you travel within New York State or to a bordering state (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, and Vermont) you do not need to report your travel.
Return to Work Procedure Update:
In compliance with New York State’s new Travel Advisory, for employees who were in a non-contiguous state for more than 24 hours:
- You must obtain a COVID test within three days of departure from that state.
- You must, upon arrival in New York, obtain a COVID test and quarantine for three days.
- On day 4 of your quarantine, you must obtain another COVID test.
- Springbrook recommends finding testing locations that provide rapid results.
You will be cleared to return to work only after providing proof of both tests (negative). You will upload test results to the Staff Travel Form.
- If you are planning travel, plan in the additional 4 days needed upon returning to New York State.
- ALL Springbrook employees, including Remote Workers, will be required to quarantine for the three days and test on the fourth day before returning to work.
- This means Remote Workers will not be permitted to work while in the quarantine period.
Keep in mind – Any delay in test results could result in the use of additional PTO or be unpaid (if PTO is unavailable).
Building Use Procedures
Building Use Rules
- ALL Staff Must Wear a face mask!
- Masks must be worn in building parking lots
- Masks must be worn in all entrances, exits, hallways, and corridors (any place where you may interact with another person)
- Masks must be worn within offices when another employee is present (even if someone just “pops in” for a moment)
- Masks may be removed when an employee is alone in an office with the door closed
- Masks may be removed during meal or break times if all employees are vaccinated
- Avoid unnecessary interaction with other employees when in a Springbrook building
- Conference Rooms may be scheduled for use
- Clean all equipment and surfaces
- Office equipment like printing/scanning stations must be wiped with a sanitizing wipe before and after each use
- Frequently touched surfaces like desktops, countertops, light switches and door knobs should be wiped upon entry to a space and when exiting
- Wash your hands frequently
- If possible, avoid using restrooms
- All public restrooms in Springbrook buildings are being renovated to “touchless” spaces. Until those renovations are complete, please plan accordingly. Restrooms are spaces with an increased risk of exposure. If possible, avoid using public restrooms