As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For May 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Use Their Environments!”
- People are not limited in what they do because of environmental or regulatory barriers.
- Modifications and adaptations increase independence
PRINCIPLES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Modify or adapt environments to meet people’s needs.
- Assess the need for modifications and adaptations.
- Orient people to new environments and provide specialized training to increase their functional control and capacity.
- Ensure that rules and practices, or a lack of modifications or equipment, do not limit what people do at home, work, or school.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!