PEOPLE CHOOSE WHERE AND WITH WHOM TO LIVE
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For January 2020, we bring you the outcome of “People Choose Where and With Whom to Live!”
- People’s choices about where and with whom they want to live are critical to providing supports.
- People have the same array of options of where to live that is available to everyone.
- People have an array of options of where and with whom they live.
- People have control of decisions regarding their living situations.
PRINCIPLES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Discover people’s preferences for living arrangements.
- Use personal choices and characteristics to guide how you assist people to find where and with whom to live.
- Serve as an advocate to enhance and expand options for all people.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!