People Choose Personal Goals
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For January 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Choose Personal Goals!”
“I want to be a professional entertainer!” – Betty
- Each person directs the process of choosing personal goals.
- People have the support they need to experience a variety of options to make choices about the future.
- The person’s desires and goals are the focus of supports and services.
Principles for Organizations
- Actively solicit personal goals, needs, and wants.
- Provide people with experiences and options in making choices.
- Ensure that planning is person-centered and ongoing.
- Focus services and supports on the person’s goals and desires.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!