As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For March 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Interact with Other Members of the Community!”
- People have contact with a broad range of other people.
- People are supported to “earn” social capital in reciprocal relationships.
- People have opportunities to meet and spend time with others outside the organization.
People have the opportunity, freedom, and support to define what level of contact they want for themselves. There is no predetermined level of interaction expected.
- People with limited experiences in meeting others have the opportunities and support needed to meet and interact with other people.
PRINCIPLES FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Provide services and supports so that contacts with others in the community are facilitated.
- Facilitate people’s understanding and use of social capital networks.
- Provide opportunities and support according to people’s preferences.
- Ensure that services do not limit opportunities to have contact with others.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!