People Are Safe
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For October 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People are Safe!”
“It’s like a family there – people watch out for each other!” – Maddie on living in her Community Home
- People live and work in environments that meet expectations for safety, sanitation, and emergency evacuation.
- People feel safe in all environments.
Principles for Organizations
- Assist people to anticipate, recognize, and respond to safety issues.
- Provide support to keep people’s environments clean and hazard free.
- Ensure that people who depend on others to identify and respond to emergencies have support and special equipment in order to anticipate, recognize, and respond to safety concerns.
- Take action to correct the situation when changes occur due to factors other than individual choice.
- Engage in systems advocacy to promote greater security for people.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!