People Choose Services
As part of Springbrook’s commitment to excellence for those we support, we will be sharing an Outcome of the Month for reflection with participants, staff, and administration. For July 2019, we bring you the outcome of “People Choose Services!”
- Services and interventions focus on personal goals and desires.
- To promote choice, options are presented and explained to the person. These options are well matched to the person’s goals.
- A person’s ability to choose and make decisions changes throughout life.
Principles for Organizations
- Explain all available options.
- Identify what decisions the person makes and provide support to expand that capability over time.
- Provide the support and opportunities people need to make choices.
If you have any questions about the values and principles described, or how to facilitate a discussion with participants and your team, contact your supervisor. Thank you for your help in keeping Springbrook a leading service provider!