Last Updated: 07/22/21 at 3:10 PM
The School at Springbrook Scheduling Information
The School at Springbrook can accommodate visits for groups of up to 25 people. No visits of groups larger than 25. Please follow the procedure below to schedule a visit.
- Click the form below
- Fill out the form
- Submit the form
- You will receive a verification email once your form is submitted
- Your visit is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation phone call from Springbrook
- A Springbrook staff member will review your form and call you within 2 business days to schedule your visit (scheduling calls will only be placed Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm)
- Please fill out the “Pre Visit Health Screening” 24-48 hours before your visit
All visit scheduling is centralized. Please do not contact your loved one’s home staff or other Springbrook staff to schedule, they will direct you to the Scheduling Request Form.
On-Campus Room Appointments
The purpose of on-campus room appointments is to inventory clothes, personal items, swap out seasonal clothing, decorate to taste, and/or assist with bedroom set-up or changes. Room appointments are not visits. There are no in-home visits on campus.
- Room appointments must be scheduled 72 hours in advance, and may not exceed one hour
- Room appointments are available 7 days a week, between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm
- Limited to one (1) room per house/per appointment
- Room appointment are limited to one (1) hour, one (1) time per month
- For those with multiple loved ones living in a Springbrook on-campus home, families may schedule one (1), one-hour room appointment per child, per month
- Room appointment guests are limited to two (1) people, both must be over the age of 18 years
- ALL visitors, including Room Appointment guests, must first check-in at the Family Engagement Center and go through the health screening process
- At check-in, room appointment guests will be given a pass to show to Home Unit staff• Room appointment guests must wear Springbrook-issued KN95 masks at all times during the appointment
- At the house, room appointment guests must sanitize their hands and should perform meticulous hand hygiene throughout the appointment
- Room appointment guests may not use Home Unit restrooms. Restroom facilities will only be available at the Family Engagement Center
- No food or drink will be consumed during the room appointment
- The room appointment pass must be returned to The Family Engagement Center prior to an on or off-campus visit
Community Homes Visits
- Visits of groups under 10 people are no longer required to be scheduled
- Visits of groups over 10 people must be scheduled
- This includes visits for events like birthday parties and other celebrations
- Group visits may be scheduled by contacting Sarah Stalter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- No visits of groups larger than 25 can be accommodated at this time
- No overnight visitors in the home – extended visits away from the home are allowed
Visitors will be asked to complete the sign-in /symptoms log upon arrival at any Community Home or Springbrook office location. You will be asked for your vaccination status during the sign-in.
SOME FRIENDLY REMINDERS!
Each Springbrook Community Home is a residence for many people and our goal is to conduct visits that respect each person’s rights and privacy. Please respect these guidelines:
- If there are any special requests or preparation needed for a visit (example: packing for an extended visit, etc), please communicate directly with the house with advance notice
- Mealtimes are very busy, making it difficult to have a private visit. We highly encourage visits during quieter times, or if visiting during a mealtime, perhaps a visit out of the house
- Many Community Homes residents begin their evening “wind-down” around 9 pm, therefore we prefer that visits are concluded at that time out of respect for all residents
- In compliance with all current OPWDD guidelines, masks are no longer required for fully VACCINATED visitors
- This means that if you are FULLY vaccinated (two weeks after your final dose) you can choose to wear a mask while on Springbrook property (indoors and outdoors) or not, but you are not required to do so
- Masks remain mandatory for unvaccinated visitors
- Visitors will be asked about vaccination status upon arrival. Proof of vaccination will need to be provided
- Unvaccinated visitors, or those that do not show proof of vaccination, must wear a KN95 mask (provided by Springbrook)
For families traveling from outside the area where their loved one lives, we have compiled a list of some nearby lodging:
Campus Visitation Request Form
Pre Visit Health Screening (please complete 24-48 hours before your visit)
Family Engagement Center Suite Reservation Form
The procedures and protocols outlined in this plan will change based on the expertise and knowledge of Springbrook’s Executive and Clinical team, the evolving spread/containment of COVID-19, regulations from our certifying agencies, and best practice guidelines from New York State.