Last Updated: 1/7/22 at 1:08 PM
The School at Springbrook Scheduling Information
The School at Springbrook can accommodate visits for groups of up to 25 people. No visits of groups larger than 25. Please follow the procedure below to schedule a visit.
- Click the form below
- Fill out the form
- Submit the form
- You will receive a verification email once your form is submitted
- Your visit is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation phone call from Springbrook
- A Springbrook staff member will review your form and call you within 2 business days to schedule your visit (scheduling calls will only be placed Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm)
All visit scheduling is centralized. Please do not contact your loved one’s home staff or other Springbrook staff to schedule, they will direct you to the Scheduling Request Form.
On-Campus Room Appointments
The purpose of on-campus room appointments is to inventory clothes, personal items, swap out seasonal clothing, decorate to taste, and/or assist with bedroom set-up or changes. Room appointments are not visits. There are no in-home visits on campus.
The School at Springbrook In-Home Room Checks
- In-home room checks are suspended as of January 7, 2022, until further notice
- Overnight and day visits will remain in effect
- Continue to use Springbrook’s centralized scheduling form for scheduling visits
- This policy will be reassessed every 30 day
Community Homes Visits
In-home visits are permitted unless any residents who lives in your loved one’s home is in isolation or quarantine
In-home visits should occur in single bedrooms. Visitors must remain in the resident’s room throughout the visit except when directed by staff to leave
- Overnight and day visits will also remain in effect
- Per OPWDD, visits must be scheduled in advance.
- Starting Monday, January 10 use the centralized scheduling form on Springbrook’s website to schedule your visit at least 48 hours in advance. Do not contact your loved one’s home or other Springbrook staff to schedule, they will direct you to the Scheduling Request Form
- Per OPWDD, visits must be scheduled in advance.
- This policy will be reassessed every 30 days
Visitors will be asked to complete the sign-in /symptoms log upon arrival at any Community Home or Springbrook office location. You may be asked for your vaccination status during the sign-in.
SOME FRIENDLY REMINDERS!
Each Springbrook Community Home is a residence for many people and our goal is to conduct visits that respect each person’s rights and privacy. Please respect these guidelines:
- If there are any special requests or preparation needed for a visit (example: packing for an extended visit, etc), please communicate directly with the house with advance notice
- Mealtimes are very busy, making it difficult to have a private visit. We highly encourage visits during quieter times, or if visiting during a mealtime, perhaps a visit out of the house
- Many Community Homes residents begin their evening “wind-down” around 9 pm, therefore we prefer that visits are concluded at that time out of respect for all residents
- In compliance with all current OPWDD guidelines, masks are required for ALL visitors regardless of vaccination status
- Visitors must wear a mask (provided by Springbrook)
For families traveling from outside the area where their loved one lives, we have compiled a list of some nearby lodging:
The Cooper Inn
Holiday Inn Express
Starting, Monday, January 10, residents returning to Springbrook from an overnight visit of any length must take a COVID-19 test prior to entering their Springbrook home
If a resident is within 90 days of a positive COVID test they will not be tested upon arrival
- Springbrook will provide an antigen self-test kit upon arrival to the Family Engagement Center/Community Home
- Springbrook will provide an antigen self-test kit upon arrival to the Community Home
- One (1) of the two (2) tests in the kit should be administered in the car
- Family will then communicate test results to Springbrook staff
- If negative – the visit drop-off will proceed as usual
- If positive – You will be given the option to return home with your loved one and they will remain with you for the extent of their quarantine period, or proceed with the drop-off and your loved one will quarantine at Springbrook
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT CENTER SUITE STAYS
- All guests must attest to taking a COVID test and receiving negative results within 24 hours of arrival for a suite stay
- Antigen Self-Test, Rapid Test, or PCR tests accepted
- All guests should be prepared to share proof of COVID test results
- Please remember Springbrook’s mask policy. All guests must wear facemasks when using any shared FEC spaces.
Campus Visitation Request Form
FEC Suite Reservation Form
Community Homes Visitation Request form
The procedures and protocols outlined in this plan will change based on the expertise and knowledge of Springbrook’s Executive and Clinical team, the evolving spread/containment of COVID-19, regulations from our certifying agencies, and best practice guidelines from New York State.