Last Updated: 7/20/22 at 3:25 PM
The School at Springbrook Scheduling Information
Please follow the procedure below to schedule a visit.
- Click the form below
- Fill out the form
- Submit the form
- You will receive a verification email once your form is submitted
- Your visit is not scheduled until you receive a confirmation phone call from Springbrook
- A Springbrook staff member will review your form and call you within 2 business days to schedule your visit (scheduling calls will only be placed Mon – Fri, 8 am – 4 pm)
All visit scheduling is centralized. Please do not contact your loved one’s home staff or other Springbrook staff to schedule, they will direct you to the Scheduling Request Form.
On-Campus Room Appointments
The purpose of on-campus room appointments is to inventory clothes, personal items, swap out seasonal clothing, decorate to taste, and/or assist with bedroom set-up or changes. Room appointments are not visits. There are no in-home visits on campus.
The School at Springbrook In-Home Room Checks
- In-home room checks are once again available and can start scheduling as of Monday, March 21st.
Community Homes Visits
- In-home visits are permitted unless any residents who live in your loved one’s home are in isolation or quarantine
- In-home visits are no longer restricted to the resident’s room and should be no longer than 2 hours
- In keeping with Springbrook’s organization-wide mask policy for in-home visits, unvaccinated visitor(s) must wear a Springbrook provided KN95 mask
- Vaccinated visitors are required to wear a surgical mask for in-home visits, which will also be provided by Springbrook
- Overnight and day visits must continue to be scheduled using the centralized scheduling form on Springbrook’s website. All visits must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance. Do not contact your loved one’s home or other Springbrook staff to schedule, they will direct you to the Scheduling Request Form
Visitors will be asked to complete the sign-in /symptoms log upon arrival at any Community Home or Springbrook office location.
SOME FRIENDLY REMINDERS!
Each Springbrook Community Home is a residence for many people and our goal is to conduct visits that respect each person’s rights and privacy. Please respect these guidelines:
- If there are any special requests or preparation needed for a visit (example: packing for an extended visit, etc), please communicate directly with the house with advance notice.
- Mealtimes are very busy, making it difficult to have a private visit. We highly encourage visits during quieter times, or if visiting during a mealtime, perhaps a visit out of the house.
- Many Community Homes residents begin their evening “wind-down” around 9 pm, therefore we prefer that visits are concluded at that time out of respect for all residents.
- If you schedule an in-home visit, we ask that you try to limit your time in shared areas of the home to one hour, out of respect for the routines of other residents of the home.
- Masks are no longer required for visitors in non-certified settings like The Family Engagement Center and School at Springbrook.
- Visitors to certified locations, like the Oneonta Community Campus, all day habilitation locations, all community homes, and all on-campus residences, must still wear masks (both main campus and community homes).
For families traveling from outside the area where their loved one lives, we have compiled a list of some nearby lodging:
The Cooper Inn
Holiday Inn Express
- Testing for overnight visits is only needed for those who are gone for MORE than 3 nights. 3 nights or less is not required.
- Springbrook will provide an antigen self-test kit upon arrival to the Family Engagement Center/Community Home
- Springbrook will provide an antigen self-test kit upon arrival to the Community Home
- One (1) of the two (2) tests in the kit should be administered in the car
- Family will then communicate test results to Springbrook staff
- If negative – the visit drop-off will proceed as usual
- If positive – You will be given the option to return home with your loved one and they will remain with you for the extent of their quarantine period, or proceed with the drop-off and your loved one will quarantine at Springbrook
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT CENTER SUITE STAYS
FAMILY ENGAGEMENT CENTER SUITE STAYS
- Testing for suite stays is no longer required. Although, if you would like to be tested we can provide one.
- Masks are no longer required for suite guests.
Campus Visitation Request Form
FEC Suite Reservation Form
Community Homes Visitation Request form
The procedures and protocols outlined in this plan will change based on the expertise and knowledge of Springbrook’s Executive and Clinical team, the evolving spread/containment of COVID-19, regulations from our certifying agencies, and best practice guidelines from New York State.