Springbrook’s Therapeutic Horse Program Scholarship Committee announces that applications are now being accepted for the 2017 season until February 20, 2017!
Scholarship recipients will be awarded up to 15 vouchers each to be used for therapeutic horseback riding lessons, horse care, leading, cart riding and other horse-related activities during the summer/fall of 2017. The following stables are expected to participate in the voucher program with us this year: Verde View Equestrian Center, Harpursville; Athelas Therapeutic Riding, Otego; and SUNY Cobleskill.
Scholarship funds are limited and are intended to permit those who have financial need and would otherwise not be able to participate in a therapeutic riding experience.
Grant approval from previous years neither prohibits nor guarantees funding for this year.
The committee has set the following guidelines and criteria to determine an applicant’s eligibility to receive funds from the Therapeutic Horse Program:
- Scholarships are available to children and adults with developmental disabilities who receive services from Springbrook.
- Applicants must show financial need and/or circumstances that reflect why they otherwise would be unable to participate in a therapeutic horse program.
- The application requires clear goals and objectives for the individual with regard to this program.
- Applicants must also commit to using scholarship vouchers during the time frame set by the committee and at the participating stables.
Applications should be submitted by Friday 20, 2017 to Barbara Hein via any ONE of these means:
- Fill out the online form.
- Download the form and:
- Mail to: Springbrook Office of Marketing & Fund Development, 105 Campus Drive, Oneonta, NY 13820
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: Attn: Barbara Hein at (607) 286-7166
Questions regarding the Therapeutic Horse Program may be directed to Associate Director of Day Options Sherry Waffle, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-353-7272 x2800.